Ok gang – here is an easy one. I have two friends starting the PaleoDetox this week and both are asking me for easy Paleo-friendly, Detox-friendly recipes. I double this recipe and we take left overs to work all week. Drew likes to add a can of extra hot Rotel to his.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon (give or take) coconut oil
- 2 yellow squash – sliced and quartered
- 2 zucchini – sliced and quartered
- 28oz can crushed or stewed tomato (we like Muir Glenn Organic)
- 1 yellow onion – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint (grow your own)
1. Brown turkey in large skillet (we love our cast iron) over medium heat. Set aside. Saute onions in coconut oil for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add squash and zucchini, saute another 5-10 minutes. Return the turkey to skillet and add garlic, basil, mint and tomato, bring to boil briefly and then turn down heat to a simmer for 10-20 minutes. Salt to taste. Enjoy!
Email me for more information about PaleoDetox or personal health coaching.