My husband is out of town, it is raining, I have a cold, I am 5 months pregnant, and I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!
I was doing my usual stroll around the kitchen where I open the fridge and pantry over and over again hoping that the next time I peek inside there will be something different there… when I saw a can of cocoa powder. I glanced at the fruit bowl and there was a nice ripe mushy avocado, and this carton of fresh strawberries from Rawfully Organic co-op yesterday that look so AMAZING and a carton of fresh organic dates that truly melt in your mouth!!! Here goes…
Chocolate Mousse Ingredients:
- 4 pitted fresh dates (if your dates are not really fresh and soft, soak them first)
- 1/4 c ~ about, adjust to your desired sweetness ~ maple syrup or raw honey (omit or use Stevia or Xylitol for a lower glycemic-index option)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 TBS organic greek yogurt (plain) (omit for Paleo people avoiding dairy)
- 1/4 c ~ about, adjust to desired chocolate taste ~ unsweetened organic cocoa or carob powder
- 1/4 c water
Process dates, honey, vanilla with S-Blade in food processor. Add avocado, yogurt, and cocoa and process till creamy. Scrape sides with spatula as needed. Add water and process briefly. Store in glass sealed container in fridge for up to three days. Serve with ripe organic berries!!! YUM!!! Mission Accomplished.
Update: I just made another batch and did not have any dates so I just left them out… still yummy!