We are now beginning our third trimester of pregnancy. I have a mix of feelings between “oh my gosh it has gone by so fast” to “oh my gosh when is she gonna be here.” Here are a few resources I have collected over the past few months.
- The Attachment Parenting Book – Dr. Sears – a must read! Check out AskDRSears.com for more GREAT resources!
- The Vaccine Book – Dr. Sears – don’t just follow the standard vaccination schedule without doing a little homework, get informed so you can make the best choice for your child. Here is a great article to get you thinking…
- Secret Life of the Unborn Child – Verny, Kelly
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
- The Birth Partner – Simkin, Penny – this is a GREAT book for both you and your HUSBAND to read!!!
- See my Amazon Store for other book suggestions.
Our FAVORITE Store. Nurtured Family – check them out online or in person. We just registered for our baby showers there. And I attended a GREAT class on both baby wearing and cloth diapering. So helpful.
The Katy Birth Center – Our midwife, Connie, is just fantastic. We are having a home birth and very at peace about it. If you live in the Houston area and are open to considering birth with a midwife either at the birth center or your home I encourage you to visit KBC. They have an open meeting once a week to meet the midwives and learn more about natural and out of hospital delivery options. Check out ChrisKresser.com for great articles on natural childbirth.
Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Classes – We are in our second week of Bradley classes at the Katy Birth Center – Karen is our instructor and she is wonderful. I can’t encourage this birth class enough. You can also check out the book “Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way”
The Bulk Herb Store – Get a 1/2 pound bag of organic Red Raspberry Leaf tea for about $7.00. Each morning I boil a teapot of water, add a mesh tea strainer full of loose tea, brew for 10 min, pour into a large glass pitcher, add cold water and a few drops of stevia and put if in the fridge and drink from it all day.
Meridian Family Chiropractic – Dr. Denise Smith – I started getting regular chiropractic adjustments in the middle on my 2nd trimester when I was having pretty sever sciatica and back pain. Dr. Smith taught me stretches and activities to do at home on a big exercise ball and the relief was fast and impressive. I also get pre-natal massage by Talina – so nice!!!
MY SUPPLEMENT LIST – I take Designs for Health Supplements (DFH) primarily. This is a professional product line that I have used myself and offered to clients for about 10 years. If you would like more information about ordering products or to schedule a supplement consultation shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Natal Pro – the important thing about this supplement is that it has “natural folate” and NOT folic acid (click the link to read more). Be sure your pre-natal is natural folate. Folic Acid has been indicated in many health problems, including certain cancers.
- Vitamin D – 5,000iu and a daily dose of sunshine 🙂
- B12-Folate – my pre-natal has the suggested 800mcg of natural folate, but my midwife says that up to 1,000mcg is preferable.
- Calcium/Magnesium – don’t just take “tums” and think that you are actually absorbing adequate calcium. Your baby need strong bones and loading up on milk is NOT the answer. Take a good quality calcium supplement.
- Probiotics – Important for healthy digestion and vaginal flora. Don’t skip this one.
- Fiber – I take DFH PaleoFiber. It is a great berry flavored powder and let me just say this… it works 🙂
- Plant Digestive Enzymes – I take this as needed for indigestion and digestions issues – it’s a lifesaver.
- Nordic Naturals Pro-DHA – this is the one product that I do not use DFH. I also do not take the Nordic Naturals Pre-Natal. This Pro-DHA has higher levels of DHA and is preferred by my midwife.
- I also take L-Glutamine and Vitamin C from DFH.
Hope this helps, I will update it as I learn more. If I can answer questions, pray for you, or support you in any way just let me know.